Sunday, November 23, 2008

My Newly Acquired 1989 Saab 900 S

Spent most of the weekend detailing my newly acquired '89 900S. Single stage paint rocks. This was the first time working extensively with this type of paint... Much easier to work with than modern clear-coats.... swirls go away easier...no need to polish in mortal fear of removing too much clear. The only downside is that your polishing/compounding pads turn the color of your paint.

Anyone who says dual stage paints are glossier needs to come see my car in person. Also, try neglecting a it for a while and see how ugly clear coat failure looks. Nothing can be done except for a repaint.

The SS paint on my car has been semi-neglected since God knows when...but when I'm done with my car, it'll look like it came right out of a showroom.

I'm not even close to done yet. Still need to do something about the faded bumpers, rejuvenate the trim, and a lot of little details here and there. I went through about 3 claybars, gallons of vinegar (for the waterspots), blackened several compounding pads and gave my vacuum a nice workout. Still need a few more weekends to get the car looking how I want it to look...


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



No comments: